Aloha JES Parent and Guardians,
I have some GREAT news that I wanted to make sure to pass along to all of you . . . I would like to inform you that effective Tuesday, March 22, 2022, we will be returning to face-to-face enrichment classes. Since March 2020, there have been very limited opportunities to have your child(ren) experience our enrichment classes in person. JES will continue to offer the following enrichment classes: :
· Hawaiian Studies
· Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM)
· Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)
· Keyboarding/Digital Media
· Physical Education (PE) and Health
Our enrichment classes are offered every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and run on a two-week cycle (schedule A and schedule B). We will begin with schedule A starting on Tuesday, March 22, 2022. Schedule A:
· Grade K (Tuesday) , Grade 1 (Thursday),and Grade 2 (Friday) will have SEL, Hawaiian Studies and STEAM rotations built into their schedule A.
· Grade 3 (Tuesday), Grade 4 (Thursday), and Grade 5 (Friday) will have Keyboarding/Digital Media, PE , and STEAM built into their schedule A .
On Tuesday, March 29, 2022, our enrichment classes will be running on schedule B:
· Grade K (Tuesday) , Grade 1 (Thursday),and Grade 2 (Friday)will have Keyboarding/Digital Media. PE , and STEAM built into their schedule B .
· Grade 3 (Tuesday), Grade 4 (Thursday), and Grade 5 (Friday) will have SEL, Hawaiian Studies and STEAM rotations built into their schedule A.
On Tuesday, April 05, 2022, our enrichment classes will rotate back to schedule A.
Chairs and tables, along with any "high touch" areas will be wiped down after each class rotates out of each enrichment class. Additional canisters of disinfecting wipes have been placed in each enrichment classroom.
In addition to wiping down desks, chairs and high touch areas, we will continue to ensure: implementation which includes but is not limited to:
· Proper use of masks while indoors
· 3-foot spacing between students while in enrichment classes
· Leaving window open for proper ventilation
· Follow fluorescent green one-way arrows when walking to and from each enrichment class
· No mixing of student COHORTS while in enrichment. Each COHORT will remain intact
· Frequent reminders to wash hands
Having our enrichment classes in a face-to-face learning environment will provide all of our classroom teachers with much needed time to articulate (plan for upcoming lessons/units/projects, talk about grade level data, what strategies have been working, grade common formative and summative student assessments, etc.).
Principal – Jefferson Elementary School